A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge.
Replace one or more teeth without affecting bordering teeth
- Support a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture
- Provide support for a denture, making it more secure and comfortable
Advantages of Dental Implants over Dentures or a Bridge
- They prevent bone loss and gum recession that often accompany bridgework and dentures. No one will ever know that you have a replacement tooth. Neighboring teeth are not altered to support the implant like a bridge
- Dental implants will allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence!
- If you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it. If you are missing several teeth, implant-supported bridges can replace them.
- If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them
- In order to keep your implant clean and plaque-free, brushing and flossing still apply!
- Periodic follow-up visits will be scheduled to monitor your implant, teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy.